We had a nice Family Home Evening on Monday in preparation for Thanksgiving. I thought you might want to have one of your own. My mom suggested a paper chain with things we're thankful on the back. I cut small strips of autumn-colored scrapbook paper. Jake shared a scripture about gratitude and a story of a little girl who made a gratitude list on which she included even small things that we often overlook, like beds, sheets, and letters from family. My kids wrote so many that we now have a chain that's over 25 feet long hanging from the family room curtain rod. At Christmas, we make a 25-link chain to countdown the days, and we take one off every night. Our Thanksgiving chain will grow longer and longer until we take it down to read with Grandma and Grandpa on Thanksgiving day. We closed the evening with a treat and a prayer of "thank you's" only.
2 comments:
I'm totally stealing your idea for Monday night...perfect!
That's a great idea! I'm going to do it!
Post a Comment