Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cruisin' along


It's March. (This picture is from December-but so pretty) Some days are beautiful, full of sunshine and blue skies. Other days are gray and cloudy and chilly. Josh wants to know when it will be Spring again. I tried to explain that that's the way Spring is. I agree with him, though. The flowers are starting to come up, I even have a few purple crocus blooming. The lilacs are getting green buds. I'm ready.
March around here means Jake's birthday. He turned 18 last week. Yep. 18. Crazy. He's busy with school, working at the carwash, hanging out with friends, band practice, book club, dances and parties with friends, youth activities at church, eating, sleeping and more friends. Pretty much takes care of himself and goes where he wants/needs. I guess that's the way it's supposed to be, but I kind of miss him. This is good prep for when he "goes to college" like Josh says. We'll miss him, but I'm super proud of what a great young man he is.
Everyone else is just doin' what they always do, too. Nothing too amazing or horrible to report, just kind of cruisin' along. I'm good with that. Life is good. Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

You made a good boy with that Jake. You should be proud :) and wouldn't it be nice if Spring-ish weather would just get here and stay for more than an hour?

Unknown said...

yup, I know all about the missing them part. I once lived in Novi, MI and I had a daughter who "went away to college" at BYU. I think I cried off and on all the way across Wyoming heading back to Novi & leaving her at BYU