Melissa's been singing a Bee Gees song, it's called "Stay in the Lines".
You, like me, might have been confused about the words. All this time, I thought the song was "Stayin' Alive". Apparently, when you are in Kindergarten and you practice writing every day, and your teacher tells you over and over to be careful of how big/small your letters are and where they fit on the paper, it kinda gets stuck in your head. It probably doesn't help that your mom keeps reminding you to color more neatly, not to scribble, and, "stay in the lines"!
I suppose this is an important lesson. Take, for example, the 17 year old, driving himself back and forth to school, work, friends' houses and coaching little girls' soccer (in the "new" old car, we sold the truck). Please oh please stay in the lines! How about the almost 15 year old? She keeps reminding me how she'll soon be learning to drive. Oh boy. And her teeth are learning to be in line, she got her braces on last month. Or the 11 year old who learned a lesson (about not bringing water balloons to school) recently about how important it is to "stay in the lines" at school. Or me. We finally got rid of the very "lined" couches, and I sorta miss them. I even went to D.I. (the thrift store) to see how much they were charging, and I took pictures of my kids sitting on them, after I fluffed and rearranged the pillows. Maybe I should've...
Ah ah ah ah, stay in the lines! Stay in the lines! Ah ah ah ah, stay in the liiiiiiiii-iii-iiines!
(Also, another apology. I was recently listening to my music here, on my blog, and heard some very foul, disturbing language. I guess it was attached to the file on the song on my playlist, I should've listened to the whole song before adding it. I'm sorry if any of you had to hear it, too. Let me know ASAP if I there's ever anything inappropriate or offensive. Thanks for reading, and listening.)
4 comments:
That's great! and now I have "stay in the lines" stuck in my head. Oh well. So, is the living room pic of your old furniture? Or is this new stuff that also has lines? What a shame I don't know. I really need to find a way to get out and see your house (and you all) in person!
Christine
How cute is this post! And so true...little lessons come from everywhere, even from the kindergartener singing along to the Bee Gees. Don't be missin' those couches! We're gonna find some great stuff this weekend to fill up that room with fun!
haha I love it!!! I can totally hear it now...stay in the liiiinnnnnes.
Hey Meyer Family! I love that song! I'll have to sing that to Morgan when he starts driver's ed in June. Everyone looks so adorable and getting older on me! Love you guys- Tina Temple
Post a Comment